Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Year

It is now the year of 2009. It is hard to believe that I have lived on this Earth for 18+ years now. When people say that time flies by, they really mean it. It's such a paradox to think that in the moment, life can seem to move by slowly, but then, when looking back upon a period of time, it seems to have gone by so much faster. What a weird phenomenon.

Today, Palm announced their new smartphone -- the Palm Pre. Bluntly, the phone looks awesome! For a company that was doing quite poorly before, this phone is definitely a step in a the right direction. I have never been a big fan of Windows Mobile, and I don't feel like paying the monthly fee for a Blackberry, which pretty much leaves Palm (I don't have AT&T). The Palm Pre basically looks like an iPhone with a slide-out keyboard. It has multi-touch just like the iPhone, and based on the videos I have seen, it is nice and fast. The phone even has an accelerator (detecting when the user rotates the phone) that seems to work REALLY well. Essentially, it has all the features of the iPhone. It even does this crazy cordless charging thing when you just place it on this circular thing. It should be released sometime in the first half of this year (according to the press release), and I am really looking forward to playing with it in store or maybe even buying it for myself. :)

I go back to school in a few days. The days of complete relaxation are ending soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog's fascinating, I love it! This is coming from a Senior musician in high school planning on doing a pre-med track. What school do you go to?