Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Time

Christmas is such an inspirational holiday. A time to sit back and relax with the family & old friends to reminisce about the past. I find it really remarkable that for these few weeks each year, people from all across the country travel miles and miles by plane or by car to be with their family. From a purely logical perspective, this kind of journey would not make sense. Without human emotions like love, these journeys would be unheard of. But, there is love.

Love really binds human society and has created this world we all share together. I do believe humans are animals, but there just seems to be too much goodwill for us to be organisms just like every other life form on this planet. Is there some sort of force out there that is greater than man itself? I do not know. I have never considered myself an especially religious person, but things like this really make me wonder. Darwinian natural selection could have created human society as we know it today, but that seems almost too perfect, doesn't it? Sure, our society is not without faults; however, what gave us the ability -- as a single species -- to essentially take over the entire world?

I hope that everyone is enjoying break! In a few weeks, it will be time to get back into gear...

No comments: