Thursday, November 13, 2008

An Introduction

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name is Jonathan and I am currently a freshman in college. I have matriculated as a music major with aspirations of attending medical school after graduation. I do not attend a music conservatory, but the amount of playing/practicing is still pretty high. While this may seem like an odd combination of passions (music and medicine), I plan on making it work for me even though people tell me that it isn't possible or it isn't "worth it." With the vast number of aspiring doctors all over this country, the world does not need me to become another biology premed student. It might be hard to cram all of the necessary courses into four years, but I always like a good challenge. I intend on using this blog to record my journey -- the ups, the downs, and everything in between.

My first semester has been going pretty well so far. I am taking organic chemistry, intro music theory, a political science seminar, and linguistics. It is quite an odd array of courses, I know, but isn't that what college is all about? In the next four years, I want to explore all of my interests so I can get a better understanding of my life and who I want to be as an adult. Many people have told me that the undergraduate years are the best years of your life and I intend to make the most of it.

Jonathan

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Word. I'm a theology major and pre-med. Additionally, I've been continuing my passion for cello.

I'm interested to read about how you progress. I'm a freshman in college too.