Sunday, December 21, 2008

Days of Relaxation

It is kind of crazy how quickly people can change from being extremely busy to completely unproductive. And at least for me, when I am busy, I always look forward to doing nothing; at the same time, when I am doing nothing, I look forward to having something to do. Quite a weird concept I guess. These past few days of winter break have been completely relaxation. I think I have gotten 10+ hours of sleep each night and have done nothing useful at all. I have eaten a ton of food, too. I think in the next few days, I want to try to start doing some more useful things. I should probably start working on the violin music that my teacher assigned me for break. She gave me like five etudes and two new pieces ("you aren't going to have anything to do over break, right?" / "sure...").

In the past few days, I have started getting my grades back from my first semester of college, and I have to say I am satisfied. I didn't get the perfect 4.0 that all pre-meds aim for, but regardless, I am happy. Some of my friends have already begun to replan their futures, and I am glad that I do not have to do that at this point. I got almost all A's except for my political science seminar. It's not like I slacked off in that class either; I didn't get accustomed to college writing fast enough. I was kind of unhappy for a little while, but I am over it now. A 3.8+ GPA in college is nothing to be ashamed about.

Hope everyone is having a great break!

No comments: