Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surviving the First Half

I feel like I am at some sort of intense, academic study camp. Everyone is cooped up in their room studying. The study lounges are overflowing with people. My dorm has 24/7 quiet hours from now until the end of exams. I am not even going to try to go to the library; I am sure every single desk/table will be occupied. I don't feel stressed. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Generally, I consider myself to work well under pressure, but it's hard to gauge that kind of thing because it is so subjective. Anyway, I will definitely be hard at work in the next few days for my three finals. I am not too worried about my Music Theory stuff, but definitely more worried about my orgo and linguistics finals.

The concepts in orgo aren't too bad, but sometimes, the mechanisms catch me off guard. It's a new concept of problem solving that takes some getting used to. Also, the problems involving predicting products can be quite tricky, because there are so many facets to consider, including both stereoselectivity and regioselectivity. I will probably end up going through all of the suggested problems before my final on Tuesday. Well, this entry was quite a bit more rambly than usual. I will definitely be more cohesive once break begins!

Stuff I have finished:

-linguistics paper
-orgo quiz
-music theory dictation final
-political science paper
-violin juries

Stuff left:

-linguistics final
-orgo final
-music theory written final
-music theory sight-singing/piano final

Just four things left!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Are you a freshman taking orgo? How?

Good luck on the finals! My exams week ended yesterday at 8:30 AM.